After recovering from a surgery, illness or injury, many individuals find they need additional care before they are ready to return home. The Aspirus Swing Bed Program is a hospital-based, short-term, skilled-care program designed to help patients who require more rehabilitation.
The short-term rehabilitation program is a personalized treatment plan to get patients home sooner. A compassionate team of medical providers, nurses, therapists and support staff work with patients and their families or caregivers to develop a plan unique to each patient and their needs.
“Swing Bed allows you the time to get back to full strength while staying close to home,” said Margie Hale, VP Patient Care Services/CNO.
Stays are usually short and can be used for a variety of conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Joint replacement
- Respiratory care
- Extended antibiotic therapy
- Wound care
- Intensive physical, occupational or speech therapy
Individualized care is provided 24 hours a day by Aspirus Health’s care team who is committed to keeping patients comfortable. Patients are encouraged to wear their own clothing to make their stay more comfortable and convenient, participate in recreational activities and be an important part of the care team. A care coordinator works with each patient throughout their stay to prepare them for a smooth return to their home environment.
“The goal of the program is to ensure patients are safe and can care for themselves upon returning home,” said Hale.
Benefits of Aspirus Health’s Swing Bed Program include:
- Recovery in a safe and secure environment that’s close to home.
- Skilled nurses and medical providers available 24 hours a day.
- Access to specialists such as dietitians and physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists.
- Help from a care coordinator who can arrange for Home Health therapies, nursing, supportive care and other services a patient may need when they return home.
- Coordinated team services to help address nutrition, pain and medical management while the patient improves their strength and function enough to return home independently or with home care services.
Individuals who receive inpatient care or surgery at another hospital can still choose Aspirus for their Swing Bed rehabilitation and recovery.
The Swing Bed program is covered by Medicare and Medicaid as well as by many private insurances. For more information or to see if you or a loved one qualify for this program, call 906-884-8232 or visit aspirus.org.
You may also like
AIMS Urgent Care Provides Trusted Urgent Medical Care in Sacramento
Four Health Insurance Plans Every ‘Quick’ Commerce Company Should Offer Gig Workers
June 10, 2022: National Advocacy Update
Cardinal Health Grove City distribution center to open by end of 2022
Text reminders, Digital Health Workers erase gap in breast cancer screening